welcome to my world

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summer time.... ahhhh :)

I love summer!

Trek was good. It was three days, and we came home early because if it rained we'd be stuck! We had a camp, so we weren't carrying everything with us. The first day we walked about 6 miles/10 kilos. My Ma( no Pa) was Jolie Holland, and she was great! We also had Uncle Baines and Grandma Carter. Every family had to carry a baby and if we dropped it or set it down, we'd get twins! Our baby had a cute name, Eliza Jane, but was scary looking!! They did a lot of great re-enactments, which brought the Spirit and helped me imagine more what the pioneers were like and what they went through. One of my favorites was seeing Bishop Korella as a Native.... good times good times. We had a dance, good food, and stayed dry in our awesome Springbar tent! I could pass on the long dresses though! It was a good experience and got to meet lots of great people. Plus the weather was perfect!

I went to Stampede with my parents, my friend Zoe, and Hank and Emily. I had a great time. The Chucks are always fun!

We had our annual 4th of July BBQ. We had a lot of friends come and good food. We waved our American Flag proudly!

I'm at my Grandparents house right now! I'm loving my vacation and have had a lot of fun already!

~American Idol Concert was on Tuesday!!! AHH I love Kris! It was really good.
~Shopping
~I saw Up with Kelli and Calli and we pushed Kelli around in shopping carts at Ross and Target :)
~We went up to Park City and went on the roller coaster, to lunch, and shopping. It's so pretty and green up there!
~I hung out with my cousin Maddie! We stayed up til 1, saw West Side Story (I'm going to be in that play one day I hope!) and went to the mall.
and the best.....

MY BROTHER'S HOME FROM HIS MISSION!!!
He got home at 2:30 on Friday. A lot of people got to come to the airport, my grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, etc! We made posters and we have a huge banner at my g&g's house. He's doing well, and telling lots of great stories. He's of course saying hi and talking to people at stores! My cousin David's homecoming was today, my cousin Austin's was last Sunday, and Matt's is next Sunday! They all went to the East Coast, and we're blessed on the same day as babies! I love my family and being able to see them and spend time with them.

It's scorching here! On Friday it got to the triple digits (that's Farenheit my Canadian friends, don't worry! :) I'm glad in a way because it makes it feel like summer, but it's HOT!

Things to look forward to this week:
~The awesome sales! Nordstrom's here I come!
~Mike, Moka and the kids come this week!! AHH I can't wait! I love you all so much and I can't wait to see you.
We're staying at Little America and hanging out together. It'll be the first time my family has ever been together!
~The Allen Family Reunion is on Saturday. I'm excited to see everyone and to get family pictures! We almost have 200 people in our family, just down from my Grandparents. I love it!
~Just time with my family and brother!

EfY is next week. I'm going by myself so I hope I can make lots of friends!

Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sounds like you are staying busy and having fun... That's what summer's all about!
Have fun at EFY! I went 2 years by myself and I was terrified but ended up having a great time! Of course, you are way more out-going than I was so there is no doubt that you will be life of the party!
Keep blogging this summer so we keep up with all your current events!
luv you.

The Allen Family said...

We love you to and can't wait to see you! I'm glad you've had such a great summer!