welcome to my world

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Trek time.. duh duh duh duh!!

Tonight was the kick-off for our stake youth conference, West to Zion. A ward put on a production that included a re-enactment of Joseph Smith's martyrdom, Bringham Young becoming the prophet, and the saints starting to move west. The conference starts on Tuesday and goes until Thursday night. I am excited! The production was so well done, and the singing was amazing! I'm hoping when I'm older to move to Nauvoo for the summer to participate in the pageants. I love it! I'm so grateful that I've gotten to visit so many church history sites, it really is a blessing.

I remember being in Nauvoo when I was in the third grade and looking out at the river at the spot where the saints left on their journey to the west. I can't imagine what that was like. Another time on that trip I remember riding up a hill and turning a corner, and there was the Nauvoo Temple! It is so beautiful. I can't imagine leaving everything, but I'm so grateful for their sacrifices, for the sacrifices of my ancestors! I hope it is a great experience. I know a lot of time has been put into the conference! It will be great.

One of my favorite songs is "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing". What's one of your favorites?

I'll post all about it when I get back! Isn't summer great?

1 comments:

The Allen Family said...

Hope you have so much fun! Can't wait to hear about it!